CTC black tea is blended with 7 different spices that is normally used to make masala milk tea or chiya in Nepali (chai in Hindi). CTC black tea is small grains-like hard pellets from the fine processing in which the tea leaves are passed through a series of cylindrical rollers with hundred of sharp teeth that cut, Tear and curl. The hard pellets passes through several processing for oxidation, fermentation and drying and finally get sorted into different category as per its size. Tea plants from lower elevation are used to make CTC tea.
CTC black tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Clove, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, and Star Anis.
- No milk and sugar added in this blend. This is the real tea with just spices. You should cook this tea in milk.
- Using Soy or almond milk can be alternate to avoide dairy.
Masala Milk Tea
- Teafresho Masala Milk Tea
- Regular/Soy/Almond milk
Recipe (2 cup/16 oz)
- Take 1 and half cup of regular milk and 1 cup water in cooking pot. If your milk is too thick like soy and almond milk, increasing the water ratio is good idea. very thick milk will not taste good.
- Boil the mixture of milk and water.
- add 2 tea spoons of Teafresho masala milk tea.
- Simmer it for 2/3 minutes or until you are satisfied with the color and aroma.
- Serve it in pot or cup.
- Add sweetner for taste.