CTC black tea is blended with 7 different spices that are normally used to make masala milk tea or chiya in Nepali (chai in Hindi). CTC black tea is small grains-like hard pellets from the fine processing in which the tea leaves are passed through a series of cylindrical rollers with hundreds of sharp teeth that cut, tear and curl. The hard pellets pass-through processing for oxidation, fermentation, and drying and finally get sorted into a different categories as per its size. Tea plants from lower elevation are used to make CTC tea.
CTC black tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Clove, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, and Star Anise.
- No milk and sugar added in this blend. This is real tea with just spices. You should cook this tea in milk.
- Using Soy or almond milk can be alternate to avoid dairy.
Masala Milk Tea
- Teafresho Masala Milk Tea
- Regular/Soy/Almond milk
Recipe (2 cup/16 oz)
- Take 1 and a half cup of regular milk and 1 cup water in the cooking pot. If your milk is too thick like soy and almond milk, increasing the water ratio is a good idea. very thick milk will not taste good.
- Boil the mixture of milk and water.
- add 2 teaspoons of Teafresho masala milk tea.
- Simmer it for 2/3 minutes or until you are satisfied with the color and aroma.
- Serve it in pot or cup.
- Add sweetener for taste.